Recruitment for the first cohort of the ONE Champions programme in Kenya and Ethiopia is now open. We’re looking for passionate activists to join us!
Our ONE Champions are volunteers between the ages of 18 and 35, with a passion for changing the world and a commitment to ending extreme poverty in all its shapes and forms. We are looking for people who will mobilise their families, friends and communities to fight extreme poverty and ask their policymakers difficult questions to push for the change they want to see.
Why become a ONE Champion?
Being a ONE Champion offers you an opportunity to impact your community, country and the world on specific issues, including poverty, global health, and equality. You’ll work with highly visible, mission-driven ONE supporters in a supportive environment. Champions will receive training on how to campaign, lobby decision- makers and engage the media in a compelling way. You will also have the opportunity to attend ONE events and put your skills into practice in meetings with high-level decision-makers. And, you will be able to follow through on key advocacy issues until a decision-making outcome is achieved.
What we need from you
- A clear commitment to integrity
- A commitment to stay engaged with ONE throughout the year
- Passion for creating change
- Proven commitment to efforts to end poverty
- Interest in engaging policymakers on issues of relevance
- Willingness to dedicate some time to raise awareness and mobilise different people to support ONE’s initiatives
- Good communication skills