The ONE Africa Award celebrates African efforts aimed at achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). SDG targets range from halving extreme poverty to stopping the spread of HIV/AIDS and providing primary education for all.
The ONE Africa Award recognises Africa-driven and Africa-led advocacy efforts that demonstrate success at the community, national, or regional level. It rewards and advances the exceptional work of organisations founded by Africans and based in Africa, dedicated to advancing development goals on the continent. The US$100,000 award will recognise innovative African initiatives to fight extreme poverty and incentivise more such efforts.
After a wealth of great applications, we have shortlisted the following 10 finalists:
1. African Institute For Development Policy (AFIDEP) (Kenya)
2. Project PINK BLUE – Health & Psychological Trust Centre (Nigeria)
3. LEAP Science and Maths Schools (South Africa)
4. Graça Machel Trust (South Africa)
5. Consulting Chamber of Agricultural Expertise (Benin)
6. Badisa (South Africa)
7. MSICHANA INITIATIVE (Tanzania)
8. Woolworths ChildSafe Research and Educational Centre, Red Cross Children’s Hospital (South Africa)
9. AGRISOLVE GHANA LIMITED (Ghana)
10. Public and Private Development Centre (PPDC) (Nigeria).
These finalists will be shortlisted to a final three in the coming weeks — stayed tuned to our blog and social channels. A big thank you to all of the organisations who have applied and congratulations to those who have made it to the shortlist!