We are living in a moment that will define our generation. Conflict, COVID-19, climate change, and their economic aftershocks, threaten our future, our security, and our hopes for progress and equality. Without action, millions of people will face extreme poverty and hunger. Millions more will continue to be denied access to basic healthcare like vaccines and medicines, putting lives at risk from preventable, treatable diseases.
But we can fix this
We refuse to break under these crises or the cycle of injustice that comes with them. We can rebuild our world for the better, for everyone.
We stand with the health workers, volunteers, activists, and entrepreneurs who are taking the future into their own hands. Those who are delivering vital services and pressing for change in their local communities and countries. Because: Action is the antidote. If you agree, sign our pledge to take action.
We can all play a role in this fight back, but we urgently need our leaders to take a stand. It’s time for them to learn lessons from the past two years and prepare for what comes next.
Leaders must make progress at the G7 Summit in June
To make sure world leaders hear us loud and clear, our Global Activists will spread our message across different European cities. In France, the Netherlands, the UK, and more, our activists will be taking our campaign on tour. They’ll raise awareness at summer festivals and invite people to join GenerAction by signing our pledge in the lead up to the G7 Summit in Germany. Leaders must take urgent action at the Summit to respond to the converging crises and rebuild our world for the better.
Get involved, no matter where you live
We want to make it clear to world leaders that we’re not giving up on the challenges we face today. We need your voice to make that happen. So, besides our tour through Europe, we’ll have a series of actions this summer on our social channels and email list.
Rewrite, Rebuild, Revive, Respond
We’re ready to rewrite the future, and we need leaders to deliver real, meaningful change. What exactly are we calling for leaders to do?
Here’s a quick list:
- Rewrite the rules on global health and fight back against all diseases
- End the threat of COVID by fully funding efforts to get vaccines, tests, and medicines everywhere, not only in the wealthiest countries
- Support a temporary suspension of intellectual property (TRIPS), allowing countries to make their own COVID vaccines, tests and medicines
- Fully fund the fight against AIDS, TB and malaria
2. Rebuild the global economy so it works for everyone
- Protect aid budgets to ensure we can address the converging crises everywhere
- Use every tool available to make sure every country can recover economically, including through debt relief and Special Drawing Rights (here’s a primer on what exactly those are)
3. Revive our planet and take decisive action to end the climate crisis
- Deliver on the G7’s promise to invest $100 billion each year to help low- and middle-income countries tackle the climate crisis
4. Respond to the threat of famine
- Fully fund emergency appeals to respond to the food crisis in Africa, which could push 40 million more people into extreme poverty
- We’re calling on you to join GenerAction and make history. Because the only real antidote to a crisis is action.