The COVID-19 pandemic made it clear that diseases know no borders. We knew that none of us would be safe until all of us were safe. We needed solidarity and collective action from leaders across the world.
During the early days of the pandemic, we collected and shared stories from around the world about how communities were stepping up to support each other. We uplifted the voices of doctors, scientists, and trusted experts to counter misinformation. We spread our message far and wide through our animated series Pandemica, our Global Week of Action, and our GenerAction festivals. And our supporters mobilized online and on the ground to demand world leaders work together on a global response to COVID-19.
What we did
- The early days of the pandemic were isolating and scary. We contacted our activists to hear their stories of hope and action, and thousands of people responded.
- To counter COVID-19 misinformation, we needed data, facts, and science. So we asked celebrities to Pass the Mic to the doctors, scientists, and experts who had the solutions to end the pandemic.
- To bring as many activists’ voices together as possible, we launched a Global Week of Action in early 2022 to make COVID-19 history.
- We created Pandemica, an animated series that explored the world of pandemic purgatory that was possible if equal access to the COVID-19 vaccine access was not prioritized.
- Once pandemic restrictions lifted, our activists took to the streets across Europe to demand solutions to COVID, climate, and conflict. These young activists called for others to join their GenerAction.
See some of our ongoing campaigns and learn more about how you can lend your voice to fight against extreme poverty.