ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Senior Director of Information Technology (IT) is responsible for the overall vision, implementation, and operations of internal technology systems that support our mission. The Senior Director is accountable for core IT, cybersecurity, and supporting applications used by our staff to perform their key activities. In addition to a strong foundation in IT leadership, ONE seeks a candidate who will successfully accelerate the digital transformation of the organization by helping lead us to great technology choices, strong adoption, improved security and integrity, managed risk and compliance, global scalability and a vibrant evolution to support ONE’s strategies.
While this role will not lead digital, or data platform teams, this role will serve as a technology advisor and partner to all departments across the organization. It will assist in selecting, implementing, integrating, and operating key applications they use to achieve their goals and serve our stakeholders and community. The Senior Director will bring the best ideas to the organization by leading us to leverage external technology community thought leadership and practices and ensure the organization is future ready and at the forefront of technology and cybersecurity.
This role reports to the COO, is a part of the Global Operations Leadership Team, and effectively manages partnerships with leadership and staff across the organization. This role will perform both leadership and management initiatives, but will also include hands-on work and coaching. Fluency in relevant core IT infrastructure and enterprise applications will be needed.
This is a full-time opportunity based in any of our 9 global locations. ONE has a flexible workplace, which allows for a hybrid work environment of both in-person and remote work.
Overall Leadership & Strategy
- Accountable for the people, processes, technology, and data that make up core IT infrastructure, internal applications, data security, cybersecurity, privacy and IT Governance.
- Form a vision, strategy, and roadmap for the organization’s technology evolution; evangelize and educate senior leadership on technology roadmaps, and on opportunities for how technology can positively impact how departments achieve their goals.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and IT policies and governance for core IT, applications, data, security, etc.
- Work with the COO and Finance to develop and manage IT operating expense budgets
- Identify, organize, and drive needs for technology investments; assess, select, partner with, and manage application and services vendors; ensure there are best practice vendor SLAs in place.
- Work with HR and senior leadership to forge and retain a powerful team of staff and vendors that result in high organizational achievement through excellent technology and its use.
- Lead the implementation, integration, and support of enterprise, collaboration, and personal productivity applications used by our departments such as, Finance, HR, Development, Communications, etc. Key applications include Financials, HRIS, CRM, productivity, and collaboration solutions. Our productivity applications and infrastructure are primarily Microsoft-based.
- Partner with Digital, Data and other team leaders to assess their current and future needs and devise best-fit technology strategies and solutions.
Enterprise Infrastructure Leadership
- Accountable for cloud/on premises IT infrastructure, PC/Mac laptop devices, and organization-issued smartphone devices.
- Ensure that cloud/on premises infrastructure and IT resource planning align with growth objectives and a future-ready vision and strategy is established; consider our North America, Europe, and Africa team needs.
- Evaluate and select core IT solutions that are a best-fit to the organization in both capability and cost.
- Manage the organization’s Microsoft and other cloud-based solutions planning, deployment, maintenance, and security for the enterprise.
- Ensure that infrastructure and important systems are resilient and secure. Work with operational leaders to devise and implement solid business continuity.
- Oversee the development of enterprise standards, technology evaluation and the IT governance process.
IT Services Desk
- Lead us to a best-fit IT service desk vision and strategy for our global offices. Consider the breadth of options such as an internal team, MSPs, or a hybrid approach.
- Oversee the service desk professionals who are responsible for providing technical support and assistance to employees across all sites and remote locations. Services include on-boarding, issue mitigation, and asset management.
- Continuously improve the effective and cost-efficient operations of the team using service analytics and by leveraging feedback from all staff.
- Lead IT security for the organization and partner with operations and risk management leads to assess IT risks and devise and execute mitigation strategies.
- Work with internal leaders and outside vendors to implement and operate a continuously improving cybersecurity program.
- Be a key, and highly visible, leader and influencer to senior leadership and their staff about their role in ensuring the security and safety of our stakeholders, communities, our staff, and our sensitive information.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in the Information Technology field, including at least 5 years in a senior leadership role; experience working for a multi-national organization preferred.
- Experience working on IT teams that follow best practices and standards.
- Experience in a lead role on cybersecurity programs.
- Experience designing, planning, implementing, tuning and operating IT technologies.
- Experience working in organizations fully within the cloud or transitioning to the cloud.
- Experience of ensuring IT systems conform to all applicable global legal requirements including data security and privacy regulations such as EU GDPR.
- Experience as IT lead working with teams using common and modern enterprise applications for Financials, HR, Marketing, collaboration, etc. Here is our current technology stack of major solutions where the best candidates for this role will be fluent/highly familiar: Microsoft – MS 365, Teams, cloud storage, Sharepoint, Slack, Devices – PC, Macs, and org-issued smartphones, Cisco – on premises network, wifi, etc., Sage financials, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge CRM/fundraising, Data science – BigQuery, Python, Tableau
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Resourceful attitude with a proven network of professionals and thought leaders.
- Substantial leadership experience in formulating, planning, leading, directing, and controlling complex, broad and highly technical functions.
- In-depth knowledge of emerging technologies, trends, methodologies and resource management principles.
- Skilled in building partnerships and working collaboratively with others at both executive and subject matter expertise level. Ability to effectively communicate both technically and non-technically.
- Proven experience building and leading a flexible and responsive team accountable for maintaining cloud and onsite IT environment with maximum system availability and performance.
- Best practices knowledge of project management tools and strategies. Demonstrated experience managing and leading large cross-departmental IT projects.
- Excellent communication skills, proficient writing, presentation and conversation skills.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organization and the connectivity challenges that vary by location.
- Collaborative approach and strong interpersonal skills. Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
Fluency in English required. French and/or German helpful.
Ability to travel as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Hybrid workplace environment with option to work @office, @flex, or @home. Business needs and team schedules may dictate specific days per week you need to work in the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.