ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Project Coordinator will work under the direction of the North America Executive Director (ED) and will be responsible for efficient day-to-day administrative management of the ED in addition to project coordination across ONE on cross-departmental bodies of work and key campaigns. This role will coordinate team efforts on planning and MEL, as well as manage workflow and processes; provide high-level support to both the ED and global project teams; manage information flow to and from the ED and the North America Advocacy Team; and ensure thorough coordination and logistical assistance, well-prepared briefing documents, and efficient project operations.
This is a full-time, non-exempt opportunity reporting directly to the North America Executive Director based in our Washington DC office.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Coordinate projects for the Team under the purview of the ED, working independently or in conjunction with staff members to synchronize and organize strategies, work plans, budgets and structures for all projects, while ensuring that project meetings are well-facilitated and decisions are made and actioned in a timely manner.
- Manage a system for efficient information flow to and from the ED; engage with other ONE teams to learn about and coordinate organizational activities; update the ED on major ONE projects; collect and draft internal and external documents for the ED’s review; route approvals to/from the ED; and proactively track, monitor, and follow projects, action items, and strategies that stem from the ED.
- Provide support across the sub-teams within North America Advocacy to include collaborating on deliverables for the ED, reviewing and editing incoming content, stepping in to directly assist sub-teams experiencing a vacancy or providing additional support when needed.
- Cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with project sponsors and team leads as a representative of the NA Advocacy Team.
- Handle all scheduling, travel, and expenses for ED, Senior Director of NA Communications, and Senior Fellow.
- Contribute to cross-departmental projects and campaigns including regular engagement with project sponsors and leads; development and oversight of timelines and meeting agendas; coordination of meeting scheduling; drafting and distributing project communications and updates; reporting of progress and data; conducting research and making recommendations; and helping drive next steps.
- Support the ED’s internal and external engagements by preparing briefs as needed and/or undertaking basic research/coordinating the collection of information from teams as required.
- Organize and facilitate high level/confidential and external meetings for the ED and the Senior Director, including notifying attendees, reserving conference rooms, handling logistics, drafting and distributing agendas, and taking minutes as needed.
- Support the ED to ensure that all technical and operational inputs required for successful implementation of programs are in place, that the programs run smoothly, meet technical quality expectations, and fulfill programmatic objectives within budgetary guidelines.
- Track and reconcile monthly expense reports in a timely manner.
- Respond appropriately to internal and external inquiries; draft and/or collate correspondence; and receive and distribute incoming mail.
- Coordinate internal weekly, quarterly, and annual internal planning and reporting for the North America Advocacy team. Ensure top down and general communication is prepared effectively and distributed across team in a timely manner.
- Additional duties as needed.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Two or more years of relevant work that includes high-touch and high-volume executive support, proven skill in executing administrative tasks, and effective project coordination.
- Ambition and eagerness to grow your exposure in the international policy, development, advocacy, political, or related field.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and organize multiple workstreams concurrently, and draft related communications in a timely manner.
- Ability to pivot effectively as priorities shift and a work style exhibiting a high level of confidentiality, discretion, and independent judgment.
- Highly organized, keen attention to detail, and a self-starter.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and some experience with CRM systems.
- Experience organizing international travel.
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Related work history in poverty and infectious disease alleviation, advocacy, policy, legislation and/or demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports.
- Ability to work and live in the United States is required.
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global organization
- Collaborative attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Remains positive under pressure and in stressful situations
- Demonstrates critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver
Fluency in English required. Fluency in other languages a plus — such as German, Spanish and French.
No travel is anticipated for this position.
Hybrid workplace with option to work @office or @flex. Team schedules and business needs may dictate the days you need to be in the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Are you ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease? Please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs!
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.