ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Office Manager will be responsible for the efficient administration and high quality operations for ONE’s France based colleagues in the areas of office management & administration; legal & compliance; IT; HR and finance.
The jobholder will proactively partner with Global Operations, other countries and offices colleagues, and external providers in Europe and the rest of ONE, applying their knowledge and experience to develop and implement ONE’s operations’ processes and procedures to ensure they meet ONE’s needs.
The candidate should possess excellent administrative, finance, organisational and communication skills, with experience of working within high-pressured environments and show high attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will bring experience in office management, be an energetic and enthusiastic team player with a can-do attitude.
This is a temporary opportunity, based in Paris.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Coordinate the administrative functions of the Paris office including front of house, facilities management, office supplies
- Maintain internal controls and compliance with operations-related policies and procedures
- Lead the effective functioning of the office including negotiations with the landlord, vendors, and other service providers in the most cost effective manner
- Oversee office administrative duties including addressing general mail deliveries, distributing mail, and managing reception and welcome services
- With the direction of the Europe HR lead, support implementation of some HR processes and policies
- Help recruiter to coordinate recruitment process and interviews
- With the direction of the HR lead, serve as first point of contact to organize new joiners’ onboarding
- Support the Europe HR lead to maintain statutory employment forms and documents
- Assist the Europe HR lead in processes with external providers (health insurance, group insurance, etc.)
Legal & Compliance
- Support Legal Counsel for registration status, office leases, tax requirements
- Work on statutory compliance with health and safety legislation in the relevant country
- Partner with Legal Counsel on statutory compliance with GDPR in the relevant country
- Work with IT to provision mobile phones
- Partner with IT to hand out and retrieve configured computer equipment
- Organise office internet connections with local suppliers consulting with IT
- Lead on the payment of Paris office bills, managing invoices and credit card payments, managing cash flow, processing office-specific and staff expenses, entering finance codes on ONE’s finance system
- Manage the treasury control and anticipate payments and funds requested to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Support France Director to manage the team budget. Assist the Europe Finance lead and EU Director, with annual budgeting for ONE’s operations in France and the monitoring and reconciliation of programme budgets.
- Submit Payroll data to Payroll Manager and Europe Finance lead.
- Liaise with payroll provider
- Support the Europe Finance lead on monthly reconciliations, bank account record management, month end and tax yearend financial processes, including the focal point for the finance team for audit support, codification and reconciliation purposes.
Support to the Country team
- Help organise successful events, conferences and other activities
- Help organising travel and accommodation
WHAT YOU BRING TO ONE
- Bachelor’s Degree or at least four/six years’ experience in office management and general administration in France
- Familiarity with basic financial processes
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power-Point) and Google Suite
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports
- Ability to work in France is required
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organization
- Highly organized, analytical, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative approach and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and resourceful
- Independent problem solver
Fluency in English and French required.
Flexible and remote working options are available.
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs!
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.