Media Manager – Germany (Temporary)
Location: Berlin, GermanyApply Now
ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
*** Please submit resume and cover letter in German***
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a temporary Media Manager (temporary) for the Berlin, Germany office. The successful candidate will be collaborative with several years of experience in political communication, PR and a strong interest in development cooperation, Africa and the fight against extreme poverty and preventable diseases. The person will lead the press and public relations work of ONE Germany.
The position will be fixed term through the end of the year. The position is for 6 to 7 months with a start date in May 2023. Flexible working is possible. Details can be discussed in interview.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Close cooperation and coordination with the Germany Director in the development of the overall communication and media strategy for ONE Germany.
- Management of ONE Germany's communications work and the communications team
- Place ONE's policy assessments, demands and analyses in print, broadcast and online media.
- Developing communication strategies and creative ideas for PR stunts or campaign actions that attract media attention
- Work closely with communications, media, campaigns and marketing staff across the organisation.
- Supervision of the media work of ONE's youth ambassadors in cooperation with the Media Assistant.
- Keeping an eye on daily German media coverage – with a focus on ONE's core topics
WHAT YOU BRING TO ONE
- Bachelor degree in a related subject area preferred
- At least 6 years of professional experience in PR, journalism or communication
- Excellent understanding of the media landscape and the requirements of the different media types, e.g. print, TV, radio and web
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English
- Ability to adapt communication to different audiences, especially the ability to break down complex political issues in an easily digestible way
- Proven success in developing and implementing effective media strategies
- Proven creativity and a flair for identifying interesting and newsworthy stories and placing them successfully in the media
- Extensive personal media contacts in Germany
- Ability to equip ONE's youth ambassadors with the skills and tools they need to work with local and regional media.
- Excellent time management, forward planning and prioritisation skills and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Clear understanding of the links between politics, lobbying, campaigning and media work
- Good judgement in dealing with risks
- Strong sense of teamwork, diligence, motivation, sense of responsibility, good ideas and humour.
Please take a look at ONE's mission and values before applying. If you share our passion and values, we look forward to hearing from you.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit a CV and a letter of motivation in German.
ONE thanks all applicants for their interest. Only candidates authorized to work in Germany without restrictions need apply.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.