Media Assistant, Berlin
Location: Berlin, GermanyApply Now
ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
***Please submit resume and cover letter in German***
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for a full-time Media Assistant for the Berlin office. We are looking for a team player with a strong interest in political communication, PR, development cooperation, Africa and the fight against extreme poverty and preventable diseases. The call for applications is particularly suitable for those who want to gain a foothold in the field of press and public relations. The core of the position will be to support the Senior Media Manager in press and public relations and to place ONE's youth ambassadors in newspapers, online media, on the radio and on TV.
The position is initially limited until the end of the year. The position will start in mid-April 2023. Flexible working is possible. Details can be explained in a personal conversation.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Monitor relevant press media
- Prepare the Top issues of the day, ONE's development press review
- Support the Senior Media Manager in press and public relations work, including researching and contacting journalists, maintaining databases, drafting press releases and assisting with PR campaigns.
- Contribute to media strategies for ONE's current campaigns
- Conduct press and public relations work for the ONE’s Youth Ambassador Programme with a focus on regional and youth media
- Occasionally support other staff with office management activities
WHAT YOU BRING TO ONE
- At least 1-2 years of relevant professional experience
- Completed Bachelor's degree in communication sciences, journalism, political sciences or a related subject area preferred
- Very good knowledge of the press landscape in Germany
- Strong sense of news and how and when to place issues in the media
- Knowledge of German at native speaker level and excellent oral and written English skills
- Ability to write target group-oriented texts that are quickly understood
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team across different time zones
- Mastery of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills with a strong focus on detail
- Strong sense of teamwork, diligence, motivation, sense of responsibility, good ideas and humour
Please have a look at ONE's mission and values before you apply. If you can identify with them, we look forward to hearing from you.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit a CV and a letter of motivation in German.
ONE thanks all applicants for their interest. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the deadline, this means that unfortunately your application was not successful at that time. Only candidates who are authorized to work in Germany without restrictions need apply.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.