ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As part of the Global Campaigns team and in close collaboration with the US country team, the Digital Campaigns Manager will deliver high-impact and innovative digital campaigns and actions that engage new and existing supporters in the US and Canada and demonstrate grassroots support for ONE’s policy goals and mission. The Digital Campaigns Manager will be responsible for helping to grow and engage ONE’s supporter base and campaigning impact through the delivery of a range of global and country specific campaigns, working with the wider Engagement and Mobilization unit and country teams. In this role, the Digital Campaigns Manager will dedicate and focus approximately 80% of their work to US and Canada campaigns and US/Canada adaptation of global campaigns, and approximately 20% of their work to other campaigns and other country teams.
This is a full-time, exempt role based in the US. This role will report to the Global Campaigns Senior Director, with a dotted reporting line into the North America Executive Director.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Lead in the development of ONE's campaigns including strategy, planning, messaging, and tactics with a primary focus on the US and Canada, developing national-level campaigns as well as ensuring global level campaigns are delivered effectively in market with additional global support when required
- Lead on US and Canada supporter communications – writing copy, building emails and digital actions, and working collaboratively with the US and Canada team to develop and drive engagement strategy
- Participate in recurring US and Canada team strategy meetings by proactively pitching ideas, discussing digital campaigning techniques, and working in partnership with the team to achieve established outcomes
- Coordinate and plan email schedules and supporter journey for long-planned and reactive campaigns in the US and Canada
- Collaborate with ONE’s country and global teams to create compelling actions and supporter journeys which increase both action rates and depth of action
- Create campaign materials that are accurate, on brand, and which effectively engage and communicate ONE’s message to the target audience
- Create campaign assets, analyze campaign performance and provide reports to the US and Canada teams and other teams in collaboration with the wider Engagement & Mobilization and Communication & Content teams.
- Work with external partners to develop campaigns that complement ONE’s ongoing activities and mission
- May supervise and direct the work of an assistant, coordinator, or officer on the Global Campaigns team
- Stay abreast of new and emerging campaign tactics and technologies and regularly distribute that insight to team members and other stakeholders
- Any other duties as determined by the Global Campaigns Senior Director
WHAT YOU BRING TO ONE
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- At least 6 years’ experience of developing and managing digital campaigns. Experience working in a legislative or congressional office is highly preferred
- Experience with digital advocacy systems. Experience with ActionKit is a plus
- Experience of writing campaign focused emails and managing complex email journeys
- Experience of creating content for an international audience
- Experience of campaign evaluation and reporting
- Experience working with different stakeholders
- Ability to confidently and thoughtfully propose ideas to achieve buy in
- Familiarity with CMS systems such as WordPress
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Project management experience
- Ability to multitask and determine priority projects/assignments.
- Flexibility and resourcefulness to respond to a fast-paced work environment with shifting deadlines
- Experience of working within a campaigns, advocacy, or communications environment
- Enthusiasm for digital campaigning trends & tools
- General interest and dedication to the mission of ONE
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organization
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Demonstrate critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver
Fluency in English required, French and German proficiency is a plus
Ability and willingness to travel if required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Hybrid workplace environment. This position can be based @office, @home, or @flex. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs (http://www.one.org/jobs).
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.