ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and to contribute to our mission.
The Campaigns Intern will support the Netherlands Youth Ambassador and Campaign project team, helping them to deliver an impactful and diverse program in the Netherlands. ONE Youth Ambassadors are a dedicated team of volunteers who electrify our campaigns across Europe. They engage decision makers, work with the media, and encourage the public to sign ONE petitions through online activity and local events.
The full-time internship will be 6 months in duration, starting at the beginning of May. This internship is based in our Brussels office. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the successful candidate will be asked to work mostly remotely, especially at the start of the internship. At ONE, we believe we should be the last ones to go back to an office environment as we are lucky enough to be able to work from home. We might foresee some (international) travel in this 6-month internship depending on the evolving of the COVID-19 situation.
In this role, you will work with campaigners across Europe, as well as our 40 Youth Ambassadors in the Netherlands. The ideal candidate would have some knowledge of campaigning, media, development and our core policy issues, which include aid, health, education. The Campaigns Intern will report to and work daily with the Policy and Advocacy Manager, the Netherlands.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Support the team to deliver successful campaigns and an active and effective Youth Ambassador program
- Provide general administrative and database support as required;
- Assist with campaign, member engagement, advocacy, and action planning;
- Identify opportunities and support the logistical and creative planning of events and communications;
- Sometimes speak to members of the public or other organisations about ONE;
- Provide translations and support content creation for our social media channels;
- Support with putting our message forward in Dutch media.
- Perform other duties as assigned;
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Passion for creating change is most important, ideally with experience of campaigning;
- Attention to detail, with excellent office skills;
- Ability to work independently (essential) and to be pro-active;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, keeping calm under pressure and solution focused;
- Bring creativity and have bold campaign ideas;
- Ability to work together effectively with people from various cultural backgrounds;
- Proven interest in international development and Africa;
- Good communication skills and excellent command of both Dutch and English (written and spoken);
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
INTERESTED? LET’S CHAT
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a CV in English and a cover letter in Dutch (explaining why you are the best person for the job) on our jobs page by 8th December 2022. Applications received beyond that point may be reviewed on a rolling basis; we will conclude the search once we have identified a suitable candidate. Candidates that do not provide cover letters in Dutch will not be considered.
The internship is remunerated 1,000 euros net.
We are looking for someone to preferably start in January.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who we decide to interview. No phone calls please.
Only candidates authorized to work in the EU without any restrictions need apply.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.