ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Campaigns Intern will support our Brussels team with the development and delivery of our public-facing campaign work and will work closely with our volunteer network, the ‘ONE Youth Ambassadors’. ONE Youth Ambassadors are a dedicated team of volunteers who electrify our campaigns across Europe. They engage decision makers, work with the media, and encourage the public to sign ONE petitions through online activity and local events.
This internship will begin in March and will run for six months. This internship will take place in our office in Brussels, and the candidate is required to be a resident in Belgium for the duration of the internship. There are designated days of the week in which staff is required to come to the office but there is some degree of working remotely. The Campaigns Intern will report to the Campaigns Manager and work closely with the Campaigns Coordinator.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Support ONE’s campaigning and public mobilization work with a particular focus on ONE’s campaigning efforts on global health policies, debt relief for the most vulnerable countries, the EU aid budget, and international climate financing;
- Support the team to deliver an active and effective Youth Ambassador program in Belgium. This will include keeping up-to-date and accurate records of the Youth Ambassadors program’s assets and documents;
- Promote the work of the campaigns team in Brussels and across Europe, within the organization and outside;
- Identify opportunities and events to engage our Youth Ambassadors;
- Support the logistical and creative planning of events;
- Provide general administrative and database support as required;
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor or designee.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Passion for creating change is most important, ideally with experience in campaigning and/or advocacy;
- Preferably a degree (or equivalent) in International Development, Communications, International Relations or similar;
- Attention to detail, with excellent office skills and experience in using MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Good communication skills and excellent command of English (written and spoken); good command of French and/or Dutch is an asset;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, keeping calm under pressure and solution focused;
- Ability to work together effectively with people from various cultural backgrounds;
- Proven interest in campaigning, international development and Africa;
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
- Right to work in the EU
INTERESTED? LET’S CHAT
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a CV and a cover letter in English (explaining why you are the best person for the job) on ONE jobs by 10h February 2023. Applications received beyond that point may be reviewed on a rolling basis; we will conclude the search once we have identified a suitable candidate. Candidates that do not provide cover letters will not be considered.
The internship is remunerated 1,000 euros net.
We are looking for someone to preferably start in March.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who we decide to interview. No phone calls please.
Only candidates authorized to work in the EU without any restrictions need apply.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.