ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Brand + Creative Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of ONE’s brand and creative work, and is responsible for supporting ONE’s artists and talent program. Reporting to the Senior Director of Artists + Creative Partnerships, the manager will collaborate closely with our creative agency partners to ensure strategies, plans, and projects are on track and informed by the needs and insights of ONE’s global and market teams. The manager will help ensure collaboration among the Communications and Content team, Engagement and Mobilization team, and wider organization to provide high quality work with the objective of increasing ONE’s impact through brand awareness.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of successful creative project management and a proven ability to collaborate across multi-functional teams demonstrating exceptional interpersonal skills. They will be a self-motivated problem solver with strong storytelling skills, and the ability to work independently and be in the trenches. They will have direct experience of working either in or with creative agencies, and can speak to the technical aspects of creative elements and graphic design.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in either Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY, or Washington, D.C., reporting to the Senior Director, Artists + Creative Partnerships.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Manage and coordinate a consistent drumbeat of brand content and moments to help ONE expand its reach and audiences working collaboratively with ONE’s global and country teams on relevant projects
- Manage and ensure alignment with agency partners and ONE teams on brand and creative projects
- Draft creative briefs, pitch decks, and written proposals for internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with Senior Director to project manage brand events including staffing, guestlists, invites, and other logistics
- Assist with artist and talent management by conducting research, vetting and maintaining the team’s CRM
- Proactively and effectively coordinate with Communications & Content and Engagement & Mobilization teams on the creative execution of shared communications and audience goals
- In collaboration with the design team, help maintain ONE’s brand identity through all forms of communication both internally and externally
- Project manage creative deliverables, resources, and capacity including maintaining all corresponding project calendars and resource trackers
- Contribute to the brainstorming and conception of creative solutions, as well as crafting creative briefs and messaging
- Demonstrate excellent relationship management with all stakeholders, colleagues, vendors, and service providers at all times
- As needed, prepare and draft organizational reporting and planning requirements for the team
- As needed, schedule larger group meetings, distribute notes, and follow up on action items
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- 6+ years of relevant experience in content production, project management, and brand strategy.
- Experience managing multiple projects at once with internal and external partners, particularly those with creative elements
- Experience of working with creative agencies
- Strong understanding of best practices in design, video, and print production
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and solve problems
- Excellent writing, communications, and creative thinking skills
- Basic graphic design skills and video editing experience a plus
- Collaborative contributor in all areas of creative development
- Ability to think critically and independently and apply to decision making
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality as applicable
- An understanding of international issues and global organizations.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Remains positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and inventive approach
- Independent problem solver
PAY RANGE: $68,541 to $89,103
The pay range as posted reflects the minimum to the midpoint of the external market salary range that ONE has adopted for this job level. This salary range is based on compensation survey data for similar organizations and is used to set pay internally at ONE. Where a new hire’s salary falls within this range is based on a variety of factors including the budget available for this position.
Fluency in English required. Knowledge of other languages highly preferred, such as French and German.
Up to 10% domestically and internationally.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Remote work available in all locations listed. In-office work options may be available. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.