Throughout June, EAT (RED) SAVE LIVES unites some of the world’s most celebrated chefs, restaurants, and culinary brands in the fight to end AIDS.
Led by chef Mario Batali and supported by many other chefs, restaurants, and brands, EAT (RED) SAVE LIVES is (RED)’s month-long culinary campaign to #86AIDS. (In the culinary world ‘86’ means to get rid of something or end it.) If you want to learn more, visit RED.org.
From special (RED) events and collaborations, to EAT (RED) SAVE LIVES menu items at restaurants nationwide, this year there are more easy ways for everyone, everywhere — yes, that means you! — to support the fight.
Mario Batali, Emeril Lagasse, Rachael Ray, and Carla Hall have created (RED) recipes that you can cook at home this June. Order a (HELLOFRESH)RED meal kit, and new subscribers get $20 off their first box — and $20 goes to fight AIDS.
June 5 marks the anniversary of the day AIDS was first discovered in 1981. To raise awareness, we’re having a food fight. With emojis. On Twitter. To fight AIDS.
Join in by sending tweets with:
1. #REDFoodFight @RED
2. Your favorite food Emojis
3. Three Twitter handles — whoever you want to throw food at!
Food puns on Twitter
Lettuce celebrate EAT (RED) SAVE LIVES with special “Food Pun” days on Twitter. All you have to do is send a tweet with your food pun and the hashtag on the following dates:
JUNE 4: #CheesyMovieTitles // Tweet movie titles replaced with cheese
#CheesyMovieTitles @RED: #DespicableBrie
#CheesyMovieTitles @RED: #He’s Just Not That Into Fondu
JUNE 12: #MondayPunday // Tweet your favorite food puns
#MondayPunday @RED: Monday, Don’t Kale My Vibe
#MondayPunday @RED: This June, let’s raise dough to #86AIDS
JUNE 23: #FoodPunFriday // Tweet your favorite food puns
#MondayPunday @RED: Don’t go bacon my heart
#MondayPunday @RED: Let’s Slider into the weekend
Restaurants across the country
- For the month of June, US Andaz properties (West Hollywood, Napa, San Diego, NYC 5th Avenue, NYC Wall Street, Maui, Savannah and Scottsdale) will turn their restaurant breakfasts (RED) with a $1-3 donation from Hyatt for each diner and an additional opportunity for each guest to make a further donation.
- During the month of June, Luke’s Lobster will turn their iconic lobster roll (RED), offering customers the opportunity to donate $1 to The Global Fund with every purchase in 24 locations nationwide.
- At Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza, every time a person buys a (RED) Vine pizza and ice-cold Coca-Cola drink, $1 will be donated to support the fight to end AIDS, up to $50,000.
- Throughout June, The Cheesecake Factory and (RED) partner (COCA-COLA) RED are joining forces and offering a special (RED) Velvet Cheesecake & ice-cold Coca-Cola combo to celebrate their $20,000 donation to the AIDS fight.
- New to the Max Brenner menu, the Red Velvet Waffle and Red Mimosa will go (RED) at their Boston, New York, and Philadelphia locations during the month of June. The company will donate all proceeds to The Global Fund.
- The Palm Restaurants signature 35 Day Dry-Aged Prime Bone-In New York Strip 20-ounce ($59) will turn (RED) for the month of June; each steak sold will help (RED)’s fight to end AIDS.
- Considered one of the oldest family names in Chicago pizza, Lou Malnati’s Pizza will support (RED) through their special “Spreading Hearts Box” campaign throughout June nationwide. The box includes a heart shaped pizza and a heart shaped chocolate chip cookie, as well as two tiny pewter hearts for the recipient.
- Seamore’s in New York City, owned by Michael Chernow — who also co-founded the famous The Meatball Shop, will feature a signature (RED) salad with watermelon, tomato, jalapeno, and ricotta throughout the month of June. Each salad will help (RED)’s fight to end AIDS.
Bryant Park event
You could join (RED) and chef Mario Batali for the ultimate picnic and movie night in Bryant Park on June 20. Buy a $100 ticket and $600 goes to fight AIDS with (RED), thanks to matches by Bank of America and The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Learn more at ticketmaster.com/EatRED.
In case you didn’t know, (RED) is a division of ONE and was founded in 2006 by Bono and Bobby Shriver to make it easy for everyone, everywhere to join the fight against AIDS. (RED) has generated more than $465 million for The Global Fund to fight AIDS — and 100% of money raised goes to work on the ground – no overhead is taken. To learn more, visit RED.org.