We love hearing what you—our blog readers, petition signers, social media mavens and passionate change-makers— have to say.
So last month we surveyed thousands of ONE members, and the results are in!
Here are a few things we learned from our poll:
1. ONE’s 6.8 million members hail from all over the world. Check out the top ten countries:
2. We ask our members for help in many ways— both online and offline— in order to get good policies in place that can help end extreme poverty. These are the top four things ONE members say they’ve done in the last year to affect change:
3. People are involved with ONE for many reasons, but a passion for ending extreme poverty is the main motivator:
4. When they’re looking for information, ONE members turn to news websites and TV first…
5. …but social media is catching up fast. It’s now the primary news source for ONE members under 35; that’s a big shift from several years ago, and it’s changing the way we communicate with members.
6. WhatsApp is a big deal.
You probably could have guessed that Facebook, Youtube and Twitter are some of the most popular social media platforms among ONE members. But what about WhatsApp? Our members in South Africa and Nigeria say they use it more than any other social platform— and 80% use it daily! Because ONE works in many countries and with all age groups, we are learning to use a wide variety of means to reach people.