ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
About the Opportunity
The Stakeholder Engagement and Operations Manager will support and partner with ONE’s exceptional Development Team on external and internal facing bodies of work that are vital for successful resource mobilization to support ONE. This includes a number of critical, cross-team functions and approaches that optimize all cultivation and stewardship efforts with our external stakeholders, as well as effectively liaising with teams internally at ONE that play an integral part in enabling the success of the organization’s resource mobilization strategy.
This is a full-time, exempt opportunity based in our Washington, DC office and reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer (CDO).
In this role, you will
The duties and responsibilities of this role are broken up into three (3) primary categories: Development Events; Strategic Development Communications; and, Database Management and Reporting.
- Responsible for creating and implementing Development’s global donor events strategy. Lead on the delivery of an annual calendar of events (virtual and in-person), that address various prospect cultivation and funder stewardship needs. Practically, this means the full cycle of coordination and delivery in ONE’s North American markets, while mostly supporting the delivery of events in other ONE markets globally.
- At the direction of the CDO and other Development leaders, design and execute the program of events and activities for ONE’s 15-member Global Leadership Circle (GLC), ensuring that this high-profile and engaged group of supporters remain connected and close to ONE’s mission and work including, but not limited to large-scale, in-person receptions on the heels of the GLC and Board meeting that gathers key stakeholders, funders, prospects, talent, and SLT contacts.
- Responsible for strategizing, coordinating, and executing high-profile international events that bring together a thoughtfully curated group of funders, prospects, Board members, GLC members, and guests outside of the ONE network.
- Responsible for event related logistics including budget and vendor coordination.
Strategic Development Communications:
- Responsible for creating and implementing a donor communication strategy with Development’s key external relationships, ensuring there is a regular, impactful schedule of engagement that shares information and insights from across ONE’s activities globally.
- Responsible for tracking/editing of Executive Office Team updates to tailor and fit for purpose ahead of being pushed out by their team to ONE stakeholders to ensure communications strategies are synced/consistent across multiple teams.
- Project manage the preparation, submission off bespoke donor communications including working across teams to compile appropriate narrative and content for the creation of compelling solicitation materials and Annual Reviews; and ensure that all materials have an appropriate narrative, tone, consistent voice, and demonstrate an understanding of the donor’s/prospect’s interests and intent.
- Run queries and reports within the CRM that enable a sophisticated segmenting of data so that ONE Development’s communications can be highly targeted and tailored.
Database Management and Reporting:
- Working closely with the CDO, responsible for the compilation and presentation of reliable and timely qualitative and quantitative data and trend analysis that supports the strategic and tactical planning and overall effectiveness of the ONE Development operation.
- Function as the CRM (RENXT) lead, supporting and guiding effective use of the system across the team so that it efficiently supports all resource mobilization efforts, including performing quality control on data entry and management, record keeping etc.
- Responsible for troubleshooting any issues across any team currently in the CRM quickly and efficiently.
- Responsible for onboarding staff across ONE to the CRM as needed.
- Responsible for pulling reflective and forecasting revenue reports for both internal and external case use by Senior Leadership and Finance. Responsible for pulling figures for the Board presentations, Board updates, any committee presentations, regular reports for our Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, high-level team analysis, etc.
- Responsible for backend CRM gift entry to ensure proper tracking of funding, including entry, reconciliation, and acknowledgment processes for all funding commitments made to ONE.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the Development Team’s bespoke RENXT training manual. Work proactively with RENXT staff to embed/upgrade new functions in the CRM.
- Responsible for supporting organization-wide scale-up of current CRM, which is critical to maintain the integrity of Development, B Team, and Executive Office Team as other colleagues migrate data and having various permissions in the system.
- Responsible for conducting research projects, curating lists of new prospects, relationship mapping, etc. as briefed/commissioned by the CDO and Development portfolio managers, to help build and maintain ONE’s pipeline of potential and current funders.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to identify and understand opportunities arising from ONE’s work globally that have the potential to form an inventory of fundable opportunities available to existing and potential supporters.
- Responsible for hiring and daily supervision of team interns, as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What you bring to ONE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Six or more years of demonstrable and relevant professional experience within a sophisticated, multichannel fundraising team, either in a front-line fundraising role or in an administrative/support/project management role
- Experience of leading the following critical areas for a fundraising team: communications, strategic events, CRM and data management, and to a lesser extent research for business development. Previous experience using RENXT highly preferred.
- Experience of managing projects, e., effectively defining a set of goals and success criteria and managing the achievement of these criteria within a specific timeline.
- Superior writing skills, with evidence of writing/editing for fundraising
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage a variety of audiences
- Experience as an end user or administrator of one of the main fundraising CRM software (Examples include Blackbaud and Salesforce)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with an ability to grasp and navigate essential software used within a global fundraising team (Examples include Excel and Tableau)
- Ability to use data and other information sources to inform critical thinking, guide decision-making and provide reporting
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Related work history in poverty and infectious disease alleviation, advocacy, policy, legislation and/or demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organization
- Highly organized, analytical and self-motivated
- Collaborative approach and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Takes action and is results focused
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver
Fluency in English required. Proficiency in other languages highly preferred such as French and German.
Occasional domestic and/or international travel required, expected up to 15%.
Hybrid workplace environment with option to work @office or @flex. Must be available to work in-office 3 days/week. Business needs and team schedules may dictate specific days per week you need to work in the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.