ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Senior Operations and Finance Coordinator will provide finance, office management, and logistical support to ensure the smooth running of the Abuja office. They will be the first point of contact for finance, facilities, HR, IT, legal, and office management matters. They will also provide operational support to the regional operations team and the Abuja office.
This role is an integral member of the local office team and the regional operations team, while also contributing to the larger Global Operations Team. The Senior Coordinator reports to the Africa Senior Finance and Operations Manager (SFOM) and routinely coordinates with the regional leads for HR, Legal, IT and Planning.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Manage office operations ensuring they run smoothly, this includes general mail deliveries, managing reception and welcome services, health and safety requirements, and management of office supplies and equipment
- Assist, and lead where required, with the effective functioning of the office/building support systems including negotiations with the landlord, vendors, and other service providers in the most cost-effective manner
- Manage the day-to-day financial processes of the office, including accounts payable (use Bill.com), procurement, expense and reimbursement processing (use Expensify), banking arrangements and payments, cash flow including petty cash management, and regular funds requests from the finance team
- Assist SFOM with month-end close with monthly bank and credit card reconciliations, submitting accounting entries and transactions in Intaact (accounting system) and processing necessary journal entries
- Manage the processing of payroll payments and deductions for office-based staff, liaising with relevant ONE staff and external providers
- Support the SFOM and Country Director with budget management including responding to team inquiries, assisting in the annual budgeting process and monitoring and reconciliation of expenses
- Assist with audit and tax yearend financial processes
- In partnership with the regional HR lead, support implementation of HR processes and policies as well as maintenance of statutory employment files
- Coordinate with HR lead to assist with recruitment, on-boarding, staff benefits, and welfare
- Assist and advise the HR lead in processes with external providers (health insurance, group insurance, etc.).
Legal & Compliance
- In partnership with regional Legal lead, ensure compliance with relevant country regulations and ONE’s operations processes and procedures
- Maintain internal controls and compliance with operations-related policies and procedures and local regulations
- In partnership with the regional Legal and programmatic leads, support implementation of contract administration processes and policies
- Coordinate with regional Legal related to board meetings, corporate filings, and other governance matters, as applicable
- In partnership with IT team, coordinate local IT needs for the office, liaising with external IT contractors and local IT suppliers as appropriate.
- In partnership with IT team, act as liaison for IT troubleshooting and office equipment setup, and ensure equipment and facilities are maintained by ONE's standard
- Support Global Operations team priorities, projects and communication for office and with local staff, as needed.
- Work as part of the Global Operations Team and attend regular meetings
Other/Support to the Country Team
- Provide operations support for country team projects, events, conferences and activities, including travel and accommodation
- Organise and facilitate internal and external meetings, including notifying attendees, booking conference rooms, handling logistics, drafting and distributing agendas.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned
Knowledge and skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, social sciences, or a related field strongly preferred
- Minimum four (4) years of relevant work experience, including at least two years financial support
- Experience negotiating and managing service contracts
- Experience working with automated web-based accounting systems
- Familiarity with statutory requirements for companies based in the assigned country
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrable ability to prepare and analyse financial information efficiently and accurately
- Ability to apply superb attention to detail and consistently produce timely and error-free work
- Strong ability to plan, organise, prioritise work, and multi-task to meet tight deadlines
- Superb interpersonal skills and ability to build good working relationships with other offices
- Strong ability to work on own initiative and show flexibility and resourcefulness to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.