ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Senior Designer will join the incredibly versatile and passionate global Brand team. They will work closely with the Communications & Content and Engagement & Mobilization teams. They will implement and collaborate on creative concepts and deliverables in support of ONE’s mission. They will use their mastery of Adobe creative suite and their strong design eye to help create stand out work that pushes the brand forward. Their day-to-day work will include digital design, print, merchandising, and new media assets The ideal candidate is an ambitious self-starter with exceptional organization and prioritization skills. They should be comfortable with client and partner interaction and eager to grow their conceptual thinking and digital marketing skills.
This is a fixed term position for a 12-month reporting to the Design Manager based in South Africa.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Manage a Designer
- Have strong design skills and feel comfortable working and mentoring junior talent, following their professional development
- Design stand-out works in support of ONE’s mission and objectives.
- Develop creative direction and deliver various types of output such as websites, social content, advertisements, emails, policy reports, merchandising, event materials and invitations.
- Work directly and proactively with ONE colleague internationally, attending meetings to understand briefs and responding to requests in a timely manner
- Ensure our global campaigns are reflective of the cultural/country specific environment.
- Be responsible and self-motivated for day-to-day creative projects, adhering to production and internal deadlines and timelines.
- Demonstrate speed, efficiency, and progressive design, while remaining organized, reliable, and communicative.
- Strike a balance between working autonomously and in collaboration with the Brand team.
- Additional duties as assigned
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in graphic design
- Experience designing web and mobile layouts that are thoughtful and work responsively
- Proficient in designing and preparing files for print production
- Working knowledge of Adobe and Creative Suite tools (InDesign, Xd, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Photography and production experience a plus
- Agency and NGO experience a plus
- Will to learn and develop new skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Have a solid understanding of user-centered design
- A genuine passion for design with a strong desire to achieve the best possible results
- Interest in the latest trends and news within Art & Design
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Ability to always maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work
- General interest and dedication to the mission of ONE
- Commitment to understanding and aiding in the pursuit of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and [add technical software preferred or required].
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Related work history in poverty and infectious disease alleviation, advocacy, policy, legislation and/or demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports
- Ability to work in the UK
Fluency in English required. Proficiency in other languages highly preferred such as French and German.
Flexible work environment.
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs!
Please ensure to add your portfolio as part of the application questions / Cover Letter
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.