ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Regional Organizing Manager (West), is responsible for identifying, developing, and mobilizing ONE activists and volunteer leaders in the region in partnership with the Membership Mobilization Team. They will build a robust advocacy presence toward targeted decision makers for ONE’s issues and will raise awareness of ONE’s issues and initiatives through creative local programming and through implementation of national campaigns.
This is a full-time, exempt position based remotely in a defined region in the western United States, reporting to the Director of Membership Mobilization.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Set, measure, and achieve goals to (1) build local volunteer leadership and high-impact supporter capacity and (2) mobilize high-impact advocacy actions to move ONE’s policy priorities with targeted decision makers in the Western US “super region.”
- Work collaboratively with fellow ONE organizers, particularly with a designated Regional Organizer to help manage super region priorities, provide support between neighboring regions, and provide mentoring and guidance.
- Strategically recruit and engage with ONE’s key constituencies, including college students, faith communities, veterans, and the diaspora.
- Independently develop relationships with community partners and coalitions to mobilize aligned advocacy activity.
- Plan and execute strategic organizing trips in the region, while demonstrating sound financial consideration for use of ONE’s resources and ensuring productive outcomes.
- Maintain volunteer database with key data from region and ensure timely submission of action data from local activities.
- Lead regular trainings related to recruitment and development opportunities.
- Serve on project teams to develop constituency resources, training, and other identified capacity-building products.
WHAT YOU BRING TO ONE
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Communications, Marketing, or related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- At least six years’ experience mobilizing and organizing, strong relationship management and leadership development skills.
- Ability to work autonomously, and effectively drive competing priorities forward applying seasoned judgment without direct supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills including presentation and training skills.
- Team-player with a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to motivate team members, with a demonstrated track record of self-directed work.
- Adept at social media and digital communications platforms.
- Enthusiasm for working in a data/metrics-driven environment.
- High motivation and ability to communicate with colleagues across the country proactively.
- Demonstrable passion for ONE’s issues and priorities.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment, work independently, and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds and ability to stand for long periods of time when working in the field, sometimes outdoors.
- Genuine interest and passion for ONE's issues and priorities.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver
PAY RANGE: $68,541 to $89,103
The pay range as posted reflects the minimum to the midpoint of the external market salary range that ONE has adopted for this job level. This salary range is based on compensation survey data for similar organizations and is used to set pay internally at ONE. Where a new hire’s salary falls within this range is based on a variety of factors including the budget available for this position.
Fluency in English required.
Travel up to 25% domestic.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This is a remote position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds and ability to stand for long periods of time when working in the field, sometimes outdoors. Aligned with ONE’s COVID-19 vaccination policy, this position is required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.