ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Membership Mobilization Assistant is responsible for providing high-level administrative, project, and team support to the US Membership Mobilization Team and the Senior Director, US Membership Mobilization. The Membership Mobilization Assistant plays a critical role in coordinating, communicating and providing organizational support for ongoing campaigns and programs being managed by the team. This person will be a liaison to our remote team of organizers and other departments helping to coordinate and streamline significant quantities of information.
This position reports directly to the Director, US Membership Mobilization, but plays an important role in supporting and advancing the work of the US Membership Mobilization Team as a whole.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Organize and maintain team files, detailed calendars, expenses, financial and inventory records for the US Membership Mobilization Team.
- Utilize top-notch written, verbal and interpersonal skills to communicate with team members, other departments, and volunteer leadership.
- Liaise and work with other administrative/support staff and departments/teams, coordinate and streamline significant quantities of information, and track progress and action items.
- Contribute to the development of advocacy toolkits, campaign materials and internal tracking mechanisms.
- Schedule, plan, and organize individual, team and volunteer meetings and events.
- Manage merchandise, campaign materials, and general supply inventories, including facilitating design and procurement. Fulfill information, merchandise, and material requests from volunteers.
- Additional duties as needed.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. 1-2 years relevant professional experience required, which can include internships and pre-graduation work. Demonstrated experience providing logistical, project, and budget support to projects is required.
- Experience and interest in issue advocacy and/or legislative process and a demonstrated interest in citizen engagement and/or organizing volunteer engagement.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and decision making skills.
- Superb professionalism, good judgment and the ability to interact with high-level individuals.
- Ability to consistently maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Teams (Word, Excel and Outlook); and Google Platforms (google drive, forms, etc.).
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment that can be unpredictable due to the quickly evolving nature of advocacy work.
- Ability to organize systems and processes, and follow tasks through to completion.
- Related work history in poverty and infectious disease alleviation, advocacy, policy, legislation and/or demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports a plus.
- Ability to work and live in the United States is required.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Self-motivated, intuitive problem solver
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills
- Remains positive and productive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Demonstrates critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and resourceful
Fluency in English required.
Domestic travel up to 20%.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Hybrid workplace with option to work solely in the office, or 3 days in the office and 2 days remotely. Team schedules may dictate specific days per week you need to work in the office. Light to moderate lifting is required, and ability to uphold the stress of traveling. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.