ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Interns of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment towards reaching a common goal of ending extreme poverty and preventable disease. When you work for ONE, you will receive an exceptional opportunity to contribute to worldwide causes impacting those most in need. In return ONE provides interns a professional experience and the development of critical skills to thrive in a career of advocacy.
ONE is committed to providing the intern an outstanding learning experience. The intern will:
- Gain knowledge on best practices and new approaches surrounding the use of internal channels, platforms, and tools to empower and inform staff.
- Gain experience drafting internal communications to help support the work of amplifying internal campaigns, sharing key information to staff, and keeping colleagues engaged and informed.
- Gain experience working cross functionally with various teams and roles across an organization.
- Gain insight on how to develop communications for a variety of audiences, including but not limited to, ONE’s Board and the executive team, external donors and stakeholders, and ONE staff.
- Gain insight into the processes of creating and implementing an internal communications strategy for a global organization.
The internship is expected to begin in June 2022 with a schedule commitment of approximately 15 hours per week. The internship will conclude on a mutually determined date in September 2022. There is flexibility around the start and end dates, as well as the hourly breakdown per week. The interns are compensated hourly.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- At the direction of the Internal Communications Manager, assist with the revamping of ONE’s intranet to include reviewing, updating, and creating content in partnership with relevant teams.
- Support the maintenance of ONE’s calendar system by monitoring team calendars and organizational key dates and events.
- Support the creation of stakeholder updates by monitoring ONE external and internal channels for key updates and collating these for review.
- Support the creation and design of internal communications to different audiences including staff and stakeholders.
- Assist with copy-editing internal and external documents.
- Additional duties as determined.
WHAT YOU BRING TO ONE
- Currently pursuing an academic degree or course of study/training, or graduated within six (6) months of hire. Experience is not required as the intern will learn on the job.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Interest in poverty and infectious disease alleviation, advocacy, policy, legislation and/or demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports.
- Eligibility to work in the United States is required.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Developing skills in critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver
Fluency in English required.
No travel is required.
Hybrid workplace with the option to work in the office, or a combination of in the office and remotely as approved by your manager. Team schedules and business needs may dictate the specific days you need to be in the office.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.