ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The HR and Finance Assistant will serve as critical support for the HR/Talent and Finance teams within Global Operations. This role will provide direct administrative support to both and play a key role in liaising keeping seamless communication between the Talent and Finance teams. This position requires the highest level of confidentiality and attention to detail. The position will also work closely with other members of the HR/Talent and Finance teams and is based in our Washington, DC office. This is a full-time opportunity reporting directly to the Chief Talent Officer (CTO), with a dotted line reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Organize internal and external meetings including preparation of meeting agendas, notifying attendees, reserving conference rooms, and setting up for meeting; collaborate with other coordinators and assistants to successfully coordinate schedules across teams
- Maintain and update the content of ONE’s intranet, and assist with the compilation and distribution of cross-team project documents
- Manage all scheduling, travel, expenses for CTO and CFO
- Prioritize and carry out complex administrative duties and/or projects as required by the CTO and CFO
Specific HR/Talent responsibilities:
- Assist the HR/Talent team with maintaining team shared drive and documents, learning and development, and providing support on HR/Talent initiatives
- Assist with onboarding new US hires by preparing orientation schedule in coordination with hiring manager and HR/Talent lead, sending welcome kits to North America employees, and other related duties as assigned
- Assist with coordinating and organizing orientations, meetings, and employee trainings
- Draft correspondence, run reports, conduct research, and coordinate HR/Talent initiatives for the CTO
- Maintain ONE’s organizational charts by updating on a monthly basis
- Coordinate ONE’s coffee connection program and other internal programs as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Specific DC Office Operations responsibilities:
- Hold the operations card for the DC office. Track and reconcile monthly expenses on the card in a timely manner
- Maintain the administration of ONE’s hoteling software and seat assignments in the DC office
- Conduct operation orientation for new US hires
- Act as back-up for receptionist and organize front desk coverage
- Lead on Emergency Response policy and procedures and organize the Emergency Response team for DC office
- Participate in the DC social committee and support the planning and logistics of DC office staff events
Specific Finance responsibilities:
- Maintain Finance department calendar with deadlines and deliverables, track progress and organize electronic finance files related to month- and year-end close and other annual projects including coordination of US and global audits and tax returns, organizing all necessary information, schedules, and documentation
- Coordinate assembling and distributing materials and presentations needed for audit committee and other board meetings
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 1-year professional experience in HR, Finance, or an administrative role supporting executive-level staff
- Process-oriented and tech savvy with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate well both written and verbally and be a team player
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement and maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Resourcefulness and a go-getter attitude
- Common sense, curiosity, and ability/willingness to solve problems
- Passion about working to end extreme poverty and preventable disease
- Ability to work and live in the United States is required
Fluency in English required.
No travel required for this role.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Hybrid workplace environment with option to work @office or @flex. Must be available to work in-office at least 2-3 days/week. Business needs and team schedules may dictate specific days per week you need to work in the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.