ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR SCOPE OF WORK
The Events Manager will plan and execute ONE’s new Thought Leadership Series (virtual events). The person in the role will have a proven track record of project management and events delivery. This is an independent contractor opportunity for up to 3 days a week from ASAP through to 31 October 2022. The independent contractor will collaborate with the Senior Global Communications Manager based in London to:
- Lead the planning and production of ONE’s new ONE Thought Leadership Series, with an aim to expand ONE's reach and impact
- Project manage the event series from conception to finish. This includes developing the events concept, identifying intended objectives and outcomes, advising on the appropriate format, securing high-profile speakers and managing the surrounding promotional activities and logistical tasks
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of the impact and influence of the ONE thought leadership series
- Create the events stakeholders database working closely with ONE staff across the organisation
- Maximise the impact of this series by collaborating with policy and communications and content staff
- Coordinate with other external consultants and suppliers as necessary
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS
- At least 4-6 years' experience in communications, event management and project management.
- Demonstrates specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in events management.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite,
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Related work history in poverty and infectious disease alleviation, advocacy, policy, legislation and/or demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports
Fluency in English required. Knowledge of other languages preferred such as French or German.
No travel necessary.
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs!
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.