ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Communications and Content Coordinator will support the Communications and Content department by arranging meetings, preparing materials, drafting communications, managing the team’s calendars and information sharing, providing budget support and monitoring team projects. The ideal candidate will be an experienced coordinator interested in communications, with a knowledge of content and editorial processes, project management, budgeting, calendar management, and general administration.
This is a permanent position, reporting to the Executive Director, Communications and Content based in London or Washington, DC.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Provide executive support to the Executive Director, Communications & Content, including diary management and travel arrangements.
- Support the department with budget and finance management, including processing expenses, invoices, and budget reports etc.
- Provide administrative support to team members
- Coordinate meetings, including the preparation of materials and agenda
- Coordinate team plans and reporting requirements
- Conduct media monitoring and reporting
- Coordinate the measurement, metrics and evaluation of various projects and objectives with the support of a team lead
- Provide coordination for team projects as needed
- Conduct research into communication trends and insights
- Draft written materials as needed
- Additional duties as determined
WHAT YOU BRING TO ONE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years of team coordinating experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of effective project management
- Experience of administration, project coordination, and budget management
- Skills in calendar management
- Experience of collaborating with colleagues and external parties
- Knowledge of communications and content development
- Able to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight schedules while performing in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experience of working in an international organisation preferred
- Related work history in global development, advocacy, policy, legislation, and/or a proven interest in the causes ONE supports preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and [add technical software preferred or required].
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Related work history in poverty and infectious disease alleviation, advocacy, policy, legislation and/or demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports
- Ability to work in the UK or US is required
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organization
- Highly organized, analytical, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative approach and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Takes action and is results focused
- Flexible and resourceful
- Independent problem solver
Fluency in English required.
Flexible work environment.
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs!
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.