ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Campaigns Manager is responsible for identifying and mobilizing ONE activists and supporters to take action. They raise awareness of ONE’s issues and initiatives through creative local programming and through implementation of national and global campaigns. The Campaigns Manager will work closely with national and global colleagues in policy, government relations, digital, media and partnerships to quickly identify opportunities to amplify calls for action on global health, economic response, climate and other international development issues. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned campaigner and organizer with strong campaign references. They know how to motivate volunteers, cultivate leaders, have a passion for social change and are able to set clear, measurable goals.
This full-time position is based in Ottawa, Ontario and will report directly to the Canada Director.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Recruit and develop a robust supporter team in strategic and targeted political ridings across Canada
- Develop and implement a Global Activist program with a heavy emphasis on long-term organizing and grassroots leadership development
- Develop and deliver regular, impactful, and creative online and off-line campaigns which promote ONE’s global and ONE Canada’s policy and advocacy messages to a diverse audience and help contribute to policy change
- Work with the Associate Director (Media and Communications), global brand, campaigns, and digital teams to coordinate and produce digital campaigns (member emails, action pages, blogs) that encourage people to get involved and take action, grow our membership, and improve engagement
- Lead on the design and implementation of stunts, events, canvassing, mobilization and other in-person public facing activities
- Provide high quality communication from ONE supporters to their Members of Parliament and national leaders through letters, phone calls, social media, and in-person meetings – working with the Associate Director (Media and Communications) and the Policy & Advocacy Manager to ensure consistency in messaging.
- Provide regular summaries and analysis of digital campaigns and member engagement to the Canada Director, and as directed, to the broader team
- Manage the ONE Canada supporters’ Facebook group
- Support the Partnerships Manager and Associate Director (Media and Communications) with digital campaign tools (ActionKit, Tableau, calls to action, and others) when needed
- Promote the ONE brands and agenda in the community
WHAT YOU BRING TO ONE
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Communications, Marketing or related field preferred
- A minimum of six years’ relevant experience working within the field of organizing, communications or campaigning, with a consistent record of performance
- Solid understanding of national political processes and the Canadian political system
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Team-player with a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to motivate team members
- Demonstrable ability to engage with people of all walks of life in a friendly way; open mindedness and cultural sensitivity
- Enthusiasm for working in a data/metrics-driven environment
- Demonstrable passion for ONE’s issues and priorities
- Ability to travel within Canada a few times a year
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Related work history in poverty and infectious disease alleviation, advocacy, policy, legislation and/or demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports
- Eligibility to work in Canada
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organization
- Highly organized, analytical, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative approach and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and resourceful
- Independent problem solver
Fluency in English required. Proficiency in French is highly preferred.
Domestic travel may be required.
Remote work environment, but the candidate must be able to come to Ottawa for work meetings around twice a month, with additional travel to other Canadian cities for in-person activities and supporter mobilization a few times a year. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email [email protected]). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.