Nelson Mandela accomplished more in his lifetime than most people even dream of and his legacy is built upon the persistent messages of hope, encouragement and wisdom he shared with the world.
Perhaps most importantly, Mandela’s gift of speech and ability to inspire continues to unite people in the belief that they too have the power to take action and create change.
On what would have been his 101st birthday, we’re doing our part to make sure his legacy lives on by sharing some of the most inspirational things he said.
Here are the five quotes we reflect on time and time again to motivate us in our fight to change the world!
1. “Sometimes it falls upon a generation to be great. You can be that great generation.”
2. “Freedom cannot be achieved unless women have been emancipated from all forms of oppression.”
3. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
4. “Our children are the rock on which our future will be built, our greatest asset as a nation.”
5. “As long as poverty, injustice and gross inequality exist in our world, none of us can truly rest.”