Teodorin Obiang is the son of the president of Equatorial Guinea, a country where 77% of the population live on less than $1.25 a day. Here’s how he likes to spend his money!
1. Memorabilia from MJ’s Bad Tour, to the tune of $3.2 million.
This includes $275,000 for a Bad Tour glove, $80,000 for a pair of crystal-covered socks, $140,000 for a jacket and shirt, and $245,000 for a basketball signed by Michael Jackson and basketball star Michael Jordan.
2. This 16th century gold vermeil elephant once owned by Yves Saint Laurent, reportedly bought for $467,000
3. The $700,000 300-foot yacht he reportedly rented while dating rap star Eve
4. Two Bugatti Veyron supercars, worth $1 million each
The money spent on these 2 cars alone is enough to vaccinate more than half of Equatorial Guinea’s children against life-threatening diseases.
5. A private Gulf Stream jet, which he reportedly bought for $38.5 million
6. 300 bottles of Chateau Petrus, which reportedly cost €2.1 million.
That’s 1,500 glasses of wine at $1,400 each!
7. A $30 million mansion in Malibu, California and a 101-room Parisian mansion (valued at $100 to 150 million).
These were both seized by US authorities in 2011 and then by French authorities in 2012.
8. An art collection featuring works by Degas, Renoir, Gauguin and Matisse, estimated to be worth more than $30 million.
This was also seized by the French authorities in 2012.