About this role
The ONE Youth Ambassador programme is entering its fourth year in Italy and we’re looking for passionate campaigners to join us for 2017. Next year represents for ONE in Italy a very important year because of the Italian G7 Presidency of next May in Sicily, a great opportunity for world leaders to agree on an ambitious plan for the fight against extreme poverty.
Youth Ambassadors will become leaders for the ONE Campaign in their communities and beyond, and will carry out a variety of creative and innovative actions in support of our advocacy work.
The voluntary programme will run throughout 2017, and each Ambassador will receive training, access to high profile events, in-depth policy briefings as well as dedicated support from ONE’s campaigns team. This role is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to become more engaged in international development or who wants to develop their skills in creating change. It’s your chance to truly define yourself as a ONE campaigner.
Ambassadors will have access to a range of campaign and advocacy tools and products, and will receive support to design and develop their own action plans. Ambassadors will be expected to deliver a range of actions including but not limited to:
- Writing to and meeting your political representatives
- Attending events
- Lobbying members of the Italian Parliament and other influential figures
- Meeting with decision-makers, movers and shakers
- Using social media to raise awareness and create change
- Organising and delivering local events and presentations
- Writing letters to newspapers and possibly appearing on the radio or TV
- Recruiting new ONE members and attending ONE events
What we are looking for
Ambassadors will have:
- A passion for the eradication of extreme poverty and an interest in international issues
- Great communication skills in Italian and good knowledge of English
- Willingness to attend a programme induction and training online in February and in person in Rome in March.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and great people skills
- Ability to encourage and support others
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to organise own workload efficiently
- Ideally some experience of working with young people in schools or through youth groups
What we offer
In addition to the many benefits and rewards that come with working in development, we will offer:
- A clear set of objectives and deliverables with a written summary of achievements awarded on completion of the programme
- Regular online and offline training in areas including campaigning, advocacy, and media
- Being part of a group of 40 Italian Youth Ambassadors and a Europe-wide network of over 300 young activists
- The opportunity to attend exciting events, including a Europe-wide event for all 2017 Youth Ambassadors
- Fantastic incentives for campaign achievements
- Reimbursement of reasonable expenses when on duty (please note that this is a volunteer position)
About the ONE Campaign
ONE is a grassroots advocacy and campaigning organisation with more than 7.5 million members worldwide that fights extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We raise public awareness and pressurise political leaders to support smart and effective policies and programmes that are saving lives, helping to put children in school and improving futures. We hold world leaders to account for the commitments they’ve made to fight extreme poverty, and we campaign for better development policies and more effective aid. We also support greater democracy, accountability and transparency to ensure policies to beat poverty are implemented effectively. ONE is not a grant-making organisation and we do not solicit funding from the general public.
At ONE, we’re not asking for your money, we’re asking for your voice.
To apply, please submit your CV and below questionnaire to [email protected]
Applications close on December 20th, 2016.