By participating in the Strong Girl contest you agree to these rules, which are a contract, so please read them carefully. This contract includes indemnities to the competition’s sponsors, the ONE Campaign (“ONE”) and South Africa Broadcasting Corporation (“sponsoring organizations”), and limitations of your rights and remedies.
- All nominated candidates must have evidence that they have performed the work or activities they have been nominated for within South Africa.
- Individuals can nominate more than once, and can nominate themselves. They should be prepared to supply names of referees to support the nomination.
- The judging panel and its representatives will verify nominations across all categories in the four thematic categories listed in section 5 and will contact semi-finalists to conduct final interviews and gather additional information to select the final winner.
- Nominations open at 12:00 pm 25TH August 2015 and close at 12:00 midnight on the 4th September , 2015:
- The winner will be announced publically on 9th September 2015.
- All decisions made by the judging panel are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- ONE Africa and SABC accept no responsibility for late or incomplete entries.
- Semi-finalist nominees will be evaluated on the strength of their work related to four thematic areas listed below in potential alignment with the 2015 AU Declaration BUT only one winner will be selected:
- Access to Economic and Political Opportunities
- Access to Education, Science and Technology
- Violence against Girls and Women & Access to Justice
- Criteria used to judge the semi-finalist nominees will be:
- Impact of their work in their communities (evidence must be shared)
- Relevance to one or more of the four selected thematic areas.
- To be eligible to enter the South Africa Strong Girl competition (the “competition”), a nominee:
- Must be a woman who is currently living in South Africa and is either a South African citizen or permanent South African resident.
- Has a proven track record of helping her community progress (this will be verified by significant institutions in the area selected by ONE and SABC).
- Must not be a competition judge or direct suppliers of the Awards.
- Must be aged 21years or over as of June 2015.
- To nominate a candidate, one needs to text the keyword “Strong Girls” to the respective SMS short codes with the name and phone number of the nominee
|Radio Station||Short Code
|Radio Station||Short Code
|Channel Africa||Enter via SMS 33762 [email protected]|
|Umhlobo Wenene FM||33014|
|Mughana Lonene FM||33129|
- Only entries received by the advertised deadlines will be considered for the draw.
- Employees of ONE Africa or SABC are not eligible to enter or be nominated in these Awards.
- Nominations must be submitted in accordance with the instructions set out at ONE.org/Africa and at SABC.com.
- Any and all information provided in either the nomination or verification process (including any photo provided) becomes the property of SABC and ONE. The information may be made publicly available and may also feature in SABC or ONE editorial coverage. By providing a photograph the candidate warrants that they are either the owner of the photograph or are authorized to provide the photograph for use in relation to the competition.
- The competition Winner may be contacted for editorial coverage by SABC and ONE Africa and agree to participate in any interviews conducted by SABC or facilitated by ONE.
- The ‘Strong Girl’ Competition Winner agrees to make herself available for publicity purposes relating to the competition, activities around the United Nations General Assembly within and outside SA, and any interviews within the three months following the return of the winner to South Africa from the New York UNGA visit.
- For enquiries about eligibility or other questions relating to the competition, please contact Gwadamirai Majange on [email protected]
- Entrants are prohibited from entering by fraudulent or inappropriate means. Entrants impairing the integrity of the competition are prohibited and all such entries will, upon discovery by the sponsoring organizations, in their sole discretion, be deemed null and void.
- The competition winner understands and agrees that the sponsoring organizations have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the winner from any activity at any time if the winner’s behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of the sponsoring organizations.
- Limitations of Liability: All participants including nominees, completion winners and nominators, agree to release, hold harmless, and indemnify the sponsoring organizations and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents for any liability whatsoever for injuries or damages of any kind sustained in connection with the participating in and/or traveling to or from any activity related to the competition.
- By entering the competition, each nominator and nominee grants the sponsoring organizations the irrevocable, sub-licensable, absolute right and permission to use, publish, post or display his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, biographical information, any quotes attributable to her and any other indicia of persona (regardless of whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the sponsoring organizations’ sole discretion) for promotional and publicity purposes without further obligation or compensation of any kind to her, anywhere, in any medium now known or hereafter discovered or devised (including, without limitation, on the Internet), world-wide, without any limitation of time and without notice, review or approval and each entrant releases all sponsoring organizations from any and all liability related thereto.
Selection Process and Recognition:
- ONE Africa and SABC will conduct an audit of the 18 selected semi-finalist and make the announcement of those names on 9th September 2015
- Semi-finalists will be contacted by ONE Africa between 5th September 2015 and 8th September 2015 to conduct an evaluation of that semi-finalists candidacy.
- A Judging committee (representatives of SABC, ONE Africa, ONE Africa partners, Experts and community leaders) will score all semi-finalists based on the information provided in the evaluation phase.
- The winner will be notified by e-mail prior to 9th of September 2015
- The winner will be recognized and interviewed on-air on SABC radio and TV and will receive a Certification of Recognition, round trip flight from Johannesburg to New York, 4 days and 3 night hotel stay in New York, New York during the 2015 United Nations General Assembly meetings.