Applications for the $100,000 ONE Africa Award 2019 are now open! It is that time of the year again when we celebrate African-led efforts towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the world’s blueprint for a better future. We want an Africa with more opportunities for everyone to thrive, that is why this year we are recognising organisations that have been working on the frontlines to make a difference in the lives of the most vulnerable citizens.
This 2019 ONE Africa Award is especially significant as it comes 10 years before the conclusion of the SDGs, a time when world leaders must prepare to make bold commitments in order reach the 17 development goals.
Here are five reasons why your organization could be the next winner of the ONE Africa Award:
1) Your Africa-driven and Africa-led organisation, group or think tank is aimed at achieving any of the SDGs. SDG targets range from halving extreme poverty to halting the spread of HIV/AIDS and providing universal primary education.
2) Your advocacy efforts in Africa have demonstrated success at the community, national or regional level. Your innovative African initiatives are fighting extreme poverty and dedicated to advancing development goals in Africa.
3) You are at the frontlines on the war to eradicate extreme poverty and preventable disease. Your community-based organisation is thriving to better society through your life changing efforts.
4) You are game changers, pushing your mission to challenge the structures that create and maintain extreme poverty and disease on our continent. You can prove what you do works.
5) You can show how your organisation has employed creative partnerships to achieve its goals and ensure coordination with other development actors.