WASHINGTON – ONE is delighted to welcome a bipartisan group of 41 individuals to the ONE Vote 2012 Advisory Board, including former Republican Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee and former U.S. Sen. and U.S. Rep. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.). Huckabee and Lincoln join former U.S. Sens. Norm Coleman (R-Minn.) and Tom Daschle (D-S.D.) as co-chairs of ONE Vote 2012 — a bipartisan initiative aimed at making the global fight against preventable disease and extreme poverty foreign policy priorities in the 2012 elections.
“By joining the ONE Vote 2012 Advisory Board, these distinguished leaders are pledging to help educate voters and candidates about the importance of American leadership in fighting extreme poverty and preventable disease around the world,” says ONE President and CEO Michael Elliott.
“This is not only the right thing to do on moral grounds, but it also boosts our national security and economic interests,” says Huckabee. “Our goal is to help impoverished nations become healthy, economically self-sufficient and stable.”
Lincoln says Democrats and Republicans should work together to muster the political will to address these important issues.
“I look forward to explaining to candidates and voters that these are not partisan issues,” she says. “Bold American leadership from both major parties can save millions of lives threatened by preventable disease and lift millions out of extreme poverty.”
The initiative builds on the success of the ONE Vote 2010 and ONE Vote 2008 campaigns, which resulted in thousands of direct one-on-one contacts with candidates, including presidential candidates Sens. Barack Obama and John McCain. ONE members around the country are continuing to hit the campaign trail, engaging and educating the presidential and Senate candidates on the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease.
The full list of ONE Vote 2012 Advisory Board members includes:
- The Honorable Norm Coleman, Counsel with Hogan Lovells US LLP, Chairman of American Action Network and former U.S. Senator (R-Minn.)
- The Honorable Tom Daschle, Senior Policy Adviser at DLA Piper, former U.S. Senator and U.S. Representative (D-S.D.) and U.S. Senate Majority Leader
- The Honorable Mike Huckabee, Host of Fox News Channel’s “Huckabee” and former Governor of Arkansas
- The Honorable Blanche Lincoln, Special Policy Adviser at Alston and Bird and former U.S. Senator and U.S. Representative (D-Ark.)
National Advisory Committee
- Allison Abner, Co-Founder of Anti-Trafficking Working Group, former Producer of “Without a Trace” and former Story Editor for “The West Wing”
- Tim Adams, Managing Director, The Lindsey Group, and former Under Secretary of the Treasury for International Affairs
- Whit Ayres, President, Ayres, McHenry, & Associates Inc.
- Judy Black, Policy Director, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP, and Special Assistant Intergovernmental Affairs for President Ronald Reagan (1987-1989)
- Carol Browner, Founding Member of the Albright Group, Director of the White House Office of Energy and Climate Change Policy for the Obama administration (2009-2011) and former Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency for the Clinton Administration
- Reverend Luis Cortes Jr., President and CEO of Esperanza
- Tucker Eskew, Founding Partner, Vianovo, and former Deputy Assistant to President George W. Bush for Global Communications
- Geoff Garin, President of Hart Research Associates Inc.
- Ed Goeas, President and CEO of The Tarrance Group
- Karen Finney, Strategic Communications Consultant, MSNBC Political Analyst, Columnist for The Hill, former DNC Communications Director and Clinton Administration Deputy Press Secretary
- Tony Fratto, Managing Partner at Hamilton Place Strategies, former Deputy Press Secretary to President George W. Bush and Assistant Secretary of the Treasury
- The Honorable Bill Frist, M.D., former U.S. Senator (R-Tenn.) and former U.S. Senate Majority Leader
- Rich Galen, Political Consultant, Publisher of Mullings, Contributor to CNN, MSNBC, CNBC
- Michael Gerson, Senior Adviser, ONE, Columnist for the Washington Post, Chief Speechwriter and Senior Policy Adviser to President George W. Bush
- Pat Griffin, Partner at Griffin/Williams, Board Member of National Democratic Institute and former Assistant to the President and Director for Legislative Affairs under President Clinton
- Rabbi Steve Gutow, President of Jewish Council for Public Affairs
- Karen Hughes, Global Vice Chair of Burson-Marsteller and former Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs
- Reverend Herbert H. Lusk, II, Chairman of Stand For Africa and Pastor of Greater Exodus Baptist Church
- Cindy McCain, businesswoman, philanthropist and wife of U.S. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.)
- Mike McCurry, Communications Strategist at Public Strategies Washington and former Press Secretary for President Bill Clinton
- Mark McKinnon, Global Vice-Chairman of Hill & Knowlton and former Media Adviser to President George W. Bush and Senator John McCain
- Minyon Moore, Founder of America Coming Together and Head of Dewey Square Group’s state and local practice, former Chief Operating Officer at DNC, former Assistant to the President, Director of the White House Office of Public Liaison and Director of White House Political Affairs under President Bill Clinton
- Dee Dee Myers, Managing Director of Public Affairs at The Glover Park Group and former Press Secretary to President Clinton
- Lawrence O’Donnell, Political Analyst and Host of “The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell” on MSNBC
- Jack Oliver, former Co-Chairman of ONE Campaign board, Senior Adviser at Barclays Capital, former Republican National Committee Deputy Chairman and Vice Chairman for Bush-Cheney ‘04
- Dana Perino, President of Dana Perino and Company, former White House Press Secretary to President George W. Bush and Fox News contributor
- Robert Raben, President and Founder of The Raben Group, former Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs
- Reverend Al Sharpton, minister and civil rights activist, and Host of “PoliticsNation” on MSNBC
- Susan Sher, Executive Vice President for Corporate Strategy and Public Affairs at the University of Chicago Medical Center and former Chief of Staff to First Lady Michelle Obama
- The Honorable Gordon Smith, President of the National Association of Broadcasters and former U.S. Senator (R-Ore.)
- Michael W. Smith, Grammy, AMA and Dove Award-winning singer/songwriter
- The Honorable John E. Sununu, Chairman, Waterville Valley Resort, and former U.S. Senator (R-N.H.)
- Neera Tanden, President of Center for American Progress and former Domestic Policy Director for Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign
- Alex Vogel, Co-Founder and Partner, Mehlman Vogel Castagnetti, Inc.
- The Honorable J.C. Watts, Chairman of Watts Partners, former U.S. Representative (R-Okla.) and Chairman of GOPAC
- Margaret Williams, Principal, Griffin/Williams Critical Point Management, Campaign Manager Hillary Clinton for President 2008 and Chief of Staff Hillary Rodham Clinton (1993-1997)