Resale or disclosure of information to third parties:
We do not share or otherwise disclose any personal information, including your name, address, or e-mail addresses with other organizations. Only ONE staff and our authorized agents have access to personally identifiable information provided by visitors to ONE.org.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer or mobile device by your web browser. They are used by most websites to provide certain types of functionality, including remembering you the next time you visit.
Cookies contain information about your use of a particular website but do not include information that can be used to personally identify you (e.g. they do not store your name or address).
To find out more about cookies more generally click here.
The types of cookies used on ONE.org include:
As with most websites, we analyze ONE.org to constantly improve the user experience and functionality. We use an external service, Google Analytics, to provide real-time reporting of ONE.org to ONE staff and our authorized agents. This reporting includes page views, unique views, unique visitors, repeat visitors, frequency of visits, and peak-volume traffic periods. We do not use this service to gather, request, record, require, collect or track any users’ personally identifiable information.
If you do not wish your use of ONE.org to be recorded in this way, please visit the Google website for instructions on how to opt-out.
These cookies are used to recognize return visitors to ONE.org so the site can remember your preferences. For example, cookies save you the trouble closing notification windows if you have closed them during a previous visit.
Third party cookies
- Facebook’s data use policy: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other
- Google +1 privacy information: http://support.google.com/plus/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1319578
- AddThis (a service that runs some of the social media sharing buttons on ONE.org): http://www.addthis.com/privacy#.T6j–usS0bw
- Storify’s (a service that we use to embed a series of tweets on the ONE Blog) terms of service: http://storify.com/tos
- 4q (a user survey tool that allows visitors to provide feedback on ONE.org): http://4qportal.4qsurvey.com/support/privacy-policy/
You have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. However, please note that if you reject some or all cookies, your experience on ONE.org and on other sites may not be complete. In addition, if you do not allow cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of any personalized content delivery offered.
To find out more about how you can disable cookies in your web browser click on the links below:
- Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 (For Internet Explorer on Windows phone please visit http:/ /www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx).
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Safari: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677 for iPhone/iPad versions)
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
For other browsers please refer to the in application help or support website.
Privacy of our email lists
ONE maintains several e-mail lists to keep our supporters, the press and policy makers informed about news and events.
We do not share e-mail addresses on our lists with staff outside of ONE and our authorized agents. We configure our list server software to refuse to divulge the e-mail addresses of our list subscribers to anyone but authorized ONE staff and agents. Only ONE staff and our authorized agents have access to personally identifiable information provided by visitors to our site.
To unsubscribe from ONE email list click here.
We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. ONE.org is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13, and we have designed the site to block our knowing acceptance of information from children under 13 whenever age-related information is requested.
It is possible that by fraud or deception we may receive information pertaining to children under 13. If we are notified of this, as soon as we verify the notification, we will immediately obtain parental consent or otherwise delete the information from our servers. If you want to notify us of our receipt of information by children under 13, please get in touch.
We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving financial data from ONE.org. In addition, we have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss or misuse of information on ONE.org site that we have collected from you.