Still on the fence about whether you should join your campus’ ONE chapter or not? Don’t be! Summer 2013 ONE Campus Intern Anthony Noble shares his favorite perks of being a ONE Campus Challenge participant.
1. You’ll get to meet students who care about the same stuff you do
Power in numbers!
2. And eat cute ONE-themed baked goods!
What college student doesn’t love a good cupcake?
3. You’ll be surrounded by smart people who care about the hard facts…
What’s sexier than being an informed and data-driven #factivist for the world’s poorest?
4. And make other students do anything you want, like take mugshots.
Just trying to make my voice heard, Mom!
5. You’ll get to table for ONE on campus
Harassing strangers as they speed walk past you trying to avoid eye contact is a character builder.
6. And develop leadership and management skills through ONE chapter meetings.
Trust me, it’s definitely something you can use in the real world.
7. You can play Words with Friends
8. Lobby your members of Congress…
Remind them that they work for their constituents.
9. Witness the political power of college students…
ONE’s motto: “We’re not asking for your money, we’re asking for your voice!”
10. And most importantly, be a part of the ONE Campus Challenge!
Earning points for your school for everyday actions reminds you how simple actions can have significant impact on the lives of the world’s poorest people. And you could win some cool ONE swag and a trip to Washington, D.C., to be part of the ONE Campus Student Advisory Board.
It’s not too late to join the ONE Campus Challenge and the ONE chapter on your campus now. Click here to sign up now!