Action: 45. Time: Depends! Level of difficulty: Moderate
This week is (RED)RUSH, which means that every day until June 10, you can take part in actions, purchases and events to help raise much-needed funds and awareness for the fight against HIV/AIDS. We would love our ONE members take part, and that’s why we’re asking you to do at least TWO of these actions this week.
There are 10 ways you can get involved… choose two and go for it!
1. Out buying a Mocha Frappuccino? Check in with Foursquare, and Starbucks will automatically donate $1 to fight AIDS. They’ll stop donating after $250,000, so act fast to make sure your coffee is an AIDS-fighting one.
2. Power up that Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 and enter the (RED)RUSH games, a 10-day global video game tournament. Join ONE on team INSPI(RED) and you’ll have the chance to compete against some of your favorite celebrities and brands in the hottest video games on the market. The competition will raise some serious AIDS-fighting money — so be the first of your friends to game for good.
3. Like live music? The world’s biggest artists are auctioning off tickets for some of the best seats in the house at their upcoming concerts. All proceeds from these (RED)ROWS will help deliver an AIDS-Free Generation by 2015. Participants include Coldplay, The Killers, Tim McGraw, and the Black Keys. Check out the (RED)RUSH Calendar for the latest details on a (RED) gig near you.
4. In Austin, Seattle or Chicago? Find out which local music venues are turning (RED) near you.
5. Spread (RED)RUSH with your friends and family on social media. Share (RED)’s new video on Facebook and Twitter using #REDRUSH.
6. Be the first of your friends to hear a new track from the upcoming (RED)HOT AND FELA album –- a remake of Nigerian musician and activist Fela Kuti’s “Lady” by Angelique Kidjo, tUnE-yArDs, Akua Naru, and The Roots drummer Ahmir Questlove Thompson, exclusively on iTunes. Every download triggers a contribution to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
7. Sponsor a driver on (RED)’s Cash & Rocket road tour and help 70 EMPOWE(RED) women fight for and AIDS-free generation by 2015 by driving across Europe.
8. Out shopping? Choose (RED) and save lives.
9. Pledge your voice to an AIDS-free future by adding your digital quilt panel to 2015quilt.com.
Personally, I am going to hit up Starbucks for a Frappuccino and then downloading “Lady,” the first single from the forthcoming album (RED) Hot + FELA. And part of the money that I spend on those two things will go directly to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. It’s too easy, and there’s NO reason why you shouldn’t take part!
Tell us what you did (or plan to do!) for (RED)RUSH in the comments below:
Special thanks to our ONE members who voted for this action on Facebook!