What do you love to do? Imagine if you could do something amazing just by doing what you already love. Well, starting tomorrow, you can stop imagining.
Get ready for (RED)RUSH TO ZERO, an amazing new campaign from our friends at (RED) that kicks off tomorrow, June 1. The goal is to raise funding and awareness to help deliver an AIDS Free Generation by 2015. Because today, 1,000 children are born with HIV –- and by 2015, that number can be close to zero.
(RED)RUSH TO ZERO brings together brands, celebrities, gamers, music fans, empowered women and consumers around the globe to raise money for the Global Fund to fight AIDS. All of these funds will go to Global Fund grants that are helping get 1.4 million HIV-positive pregnant women on the life-saving medication that prevents the transmission of the HIV virus to their babies — pretty incredible, right?
Watch their video here:
At ONE, we know the real power we have when we act together. So starting tomorrow through June 10, we’re asking you to save lives by acting with (RED). Here are 10 ways to get started…what are you waiting for?
1. Out buying a Mocha Frappuccino? Check in with Foursquare, and Starbucks will automatically donate $1 to fight AIDS. They’ll stop donating after $250,000, so act fast to make sure your coffee is an AIDS-fighting one.
2. Power up that Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 and enter the (RED)RUSH games, a 10-day global video game tournament. Join ONE on team INSPI(RED) and you’ll have the chance to compete against some of your favorite celebrities and brands in the hottest video games on the market. The competition will raise some serious AIDS-fighting money — so be the first of your friends to game for good.
3. Like live music? The world’s biggest artists are auctioning off tickets for some of the best seats in the house at their upcoming concerts. All proceeds from these (RED)ROWS will help deliver an AIDS-Free Generation by 2015. Participants include Coldplay, The Killers, Tim McGraw, and the Black Keys. Check out the (RED)RUSH Calendar for the latest details on a (RED) gig near you.
4. In Austin, Seattle or Chicago? Find out which local music venues are turning (RED) near you.
5. Spread (RED)RUSH with your friends and family on social media. Share (RED)’s new video on Facebook and Twitter using #REDRUSH.
6. Be the first of your friends to hear a new track from the upcoming (RED)HOT AND FELA album –- a remake of Nigerian musician and activist Fela Kuti’s “Lady” by Angelique Kidjo, tUnE-yArDs, Akua Naru, and The Roots drummer Ahmir Questlove Thompson, exclusively on iTunes. Every download triggers a contribution to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
7. Sponsor a driver on (RED)’s Cash & Rocket road tour and help 70 EMPOWE(RED) women fight for and AIDS-free generation by 2015 by driving across Europe.
8. Out shopping? Choose (RED) and save lives.
9. Pledge your voice to an AIDS-free future by adding your digital quilt panel to 2015quilt.com.
In honor of (RED)RUSH, ONE will be turning (RED). Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates, check out our blog for more details, and let us know what you’re doing to help fight for an AIDS free generation this (RED)RUSH.
The beginning of the end of AIDS starts with you –- get started today at www.redrush.com!