As the editor of the ONE Blog, I thought it would be fun to start rounding up some of my favorite web content for you to share on Facebook and Twitter. As you can imagine, I see a lot of amazing things pass through our social media feeds, and I just can’t keep them to myself anymore. Here’s a mix of buzzworthy blog posts, videos and photos:
1. This photo got more than 1,000 likes on our Facebook page — and for a good reason. The message is awesome! Share the photo from here.
2. Jars of Clay frontman and Blood:Water Mission founder Dan Haseltine compares the fight against AIDS to a dragon in this moving essay, “The dragon and how to kill it” on the ONE Blog. It has 30 comments and nearly 400 Facebook likes.
3. Thanks for stepping up to the plate, New Yorker! The magazine published this impressive piece, “Ten Biggest Positive Africa Stories of 2011.”
4. Our official 2011 holiday gift guide.
5. Glee covers Band Aid’s “Do They Know It’s Christmas” song to raise awareness for the Horn of Africa; Bono and Sting commend the cast for remaking the song in a behind-the-scenes video.