USAID, the US government agency responsible for administering foreign aid, turns 50 this year.
To celebrate, ONE, along with PSI, PATH, FHI 360, World Vision and USAID, are hosting a “The Power of 1 Percent,” an event to highlight USAID’s accomplishments over the last five decades and discuss upcoming challenges, on Monday, October 3 from 3 to 5 p.m. It will be followed by expert panel discussions on the future of US investments in global health.
You don’t have to live in the nation’s capital or be a VIP to attend this event — you can watch and participate right from your computer. We’ll have a live webstream on our blog (look out for it on Monday), and our partners will be taking and responding to questions on Twitter using the #WhyForeignAid hashtag.
Help us raise awareness for the Power of 1 Percent and send out these tweets now:
- Did you know that less than 1% of the US budget goes to foreign aid? #WhyForeignAid”
- Did you know that anti-malarial bednets save the lives of 200,000 children per year? #WhyForeignAid”
- Did you know that 95% of the world’s consumers live outside of the US? #WhyForeignAid”
- Did you know that roughly 2.5 BILLION children have been vaccinated against polio since 1988? #WhyForeignAid
- Did you know that 1 in 5 US jobs are supported by international trade, particularly trade with the developing world? #WhyForeignAid”