Last year saw major new commitments by the G-8 to increase aid and reduce debt in Africa. Yet the UN World Summit pointed to Africa’s faltering progress towards reaching the Millennium Development Goals.
1) What is the role of African, G-8 and business leaders in making the promises of 2005 a reality?
2) Can broad public support to alleviate poverty and disease on the continent be maintained?
3) How will the completion of the Doha Round trade talks impact Africa?
- Bono, Musician, DATA (Debt, AIDS and Trade in Africa), United Kingdom
- Niall FitzGerald, Chairman, Reuters, United Kingdom; Member of the Foundation Board of the World Economic Forum
- Olusegun Obasanjo, President of Nigeria
- Paul D. Wolfowitz, President, World Bank, Washington DC