What do you love to do? Imagine if you could do something amazing just by doing what you already love. Well, starting on the 1st of June, you can stop imagining.
Get ready for (RED)RUSH TO ZERO, an amazing new campaign from our friends at (RED) that kicks off on June 1st. The goal is to raise funding and awareness to help deliver an AIDS Free Generation by 2015. Because today, 1,000 children are born with HIV – and by 2015, that number can be close to zero.
(RED)RUSH TO ZERO brings together brands, celebrities, gamers, music fans, empowered women and consumers around the globe to raise money for the Global Fund to fight AIDS. All of these funds will go to Global Fund grants that are helping get 1.4 million HIV+ pregnant women on the life-saving medication that prevents the transmission of the HIV virus to their babies – pretty incredible, right?
Watch their video here:
At ONE, we know the real power we have when we act together. So starting tomorrow through to June 10, we’re asking you to save lives by acting with (RED). Here are 10 ways to get started…what are you waiting for?
1. Spread (RED)! Tell your friends about (RED)RUSH and share the video on Twitter & Facebook. Use the hashtag #REDRUSH.
2. Make sure you join (RED) and ONE on Facebook and Twitter and keep up to date with how you can help make 2015 the Beginning of the End of AIDS.
4. Game on! Let Xbox and PlayStation players know that ONE is joining Cat Deeley, Funny or Die, Bugaboo and others on Team INSPI(RED) in the (RED)RUSH Games. 10 Days of game playing to help fight AIDS.
6. Looking for a good gig? Top artists including Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and Swedish House Mafia are auctioning off (RED)ROWS at their European concerts to help fight AIDS.
7. If you are in North America, check in to Starbucks on foursquare & they’ll donate $1 to fight AIDS (up to $250,000).
8. If you are in Central & South America, looking for a new phone? Telcel and Claro have gone (RED) and are introducing wireless (RED) products in 15 countries including Brazil and Mexico. Get yours here.
9. Be the first to hear a new track from The Roots & Tune-Yards – a cover of Fela Kuti’s song ‘Lady’ from the upcoming (RED) HOT AND FELA album – exclusively on iTunes. Every download triggers a contribution to the Global Fund to fight AIDS.
10. Got any friends or relatives who are really into shopping? Let them know they can save lives by buying (RED).
In honor of (RED)RUSH, ONE will be turning (RED). Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates, check out our blog for more details, and let us know what you’re doing to help fight for an AIDS free generation this (RED)RUSH.
The beginning of the end of AIDS starts with you –- get started today at www.redrush.com!
The International ONE Blog is a daily log of the anti-poverty movement. The site is operated by ONE staff, with guest contributions from ONE volunteers, members and allies.
The content of each post and each comment represents the views of that author and does not necessarily reflect the views of ONE. ONE does not support or oppose any candidate for elected office, and any post expressing support or opposition for a candidate is not endorsed by ONE.